Modern Psalmist: My Thoughts Scribbled Into A Piece Of Writing...

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Season

Been dying to blog... but couldnt find time to scribble my thoughts and weave them into a memoir.


Here's my attempt...


My man and I are into a new season of our lives... we are pursuing a different route in our finance. I quit the Academe and he also left the corporate world (long story). Anyway, we now venture into "marketing services". (Allow me to euphemize some terms, not just for (literary) art's sake but mainly because I'm not ready to put MY nose out of joint)...So yeah, We've been running this business for a few months already... And we have different roles...we function just fine but tonight there's this feeling that zaps me...


Here's the scenario... as late as it is (past midnight), we still talk about "how the day went", "the to-do list", "appointments", "emails to send", "clients to follow-up", "project profiling", "comprehensive offer", etc...


I'm not bugged out with the responsibility or when being tasked by my hubby... Please do not mistake me as if I'm complaining and whining about this... It is just that it still feels unusual when he is exerting his "managerial skills" on me in directing the business, and as I do my role as his "administrative assistant". This is but an unwonted set-up (career-wise point of view) for many couples coz most have different jobs (and they get to talk about it casually over dinner or coffee time)... In our case, we MuST talk about it even if at times I wanna set the topic aside, even if we are on a time out (like date nights and rest days) the matter seems to have its way of resurfacing in the midst of our dreamy and romantic  adventure.


Anyway... the best part of this whole new world (I could hear Lea Salonga's Voice singing it) is that he calls me almost endlessly in a day... we have to sit together at the end of the day and assess our effort  (this season makes us too proximate ^.^ )  ... and communication skill is way better than it was... We can't afford to go silent and ignore each other because I feel bad (alright this is a confession, I most of the time used "silent treatment " as my best weapon when there's disagreement.. And lamp-shade position was my best shield to go on... That's before this new season., if I'm gonna use my usual weapon and shield... We might lose valuable transactions. 


It is also a good thing that I know my husband's love language ( his is service and gifts). So whenever he tells me to do things, I'm hitting two birds with one stone... I get to speak his love language thus makes his love bank full and my effort makes us earn... (Talk about business and pleasure).


But if there is one thing that I need to magnify in this new season... Our character is being tested and sharpened in a whole different level... and that's what is challenging in this journey. Should I fret with that realization? Nope, I know the Creator of Seasons and the Giver of our lives will sustain us and help us grow by His grace.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...