Modern Psalmist: My Thoughts Scribbled Into A Piece Of Writing...

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Perfidiousness

We seldom use this word, but if you look at it in the dictionary or Thesaurus you will see that it is synonymous with the word “disloyalty” “treachery” “insidiousness”, and a few other words like betrayal.

This thought just hit me today. I’ve been reading this book of Tom Holladay, “The Relationship Principles of Jesus” … I am now on Day 14… and the book has reminded me of a lot of hard truths that Christians must not ignore but rather practice. Like today’s chapter speaks about what love entails. Here is this statement that stucks in my head

"Day 14: (Jesus example) Love makes the choice to accept (thus forgive), and love makes the choice to sacrifice. (For us all), the greatest sacrifices may not be the once-in-a-lifetime sacrifices; they may well be the daily sacrifices. No one else may even know you did it, but you'll know you acted in response to Jesus' love for you.”

I have been betrayed several times by people especially those that are close to me, people I dearly love. It is easy to cut off the relationship but then that is not what Jesus taught us. Jesus did not only teach us but he modeled it to us… on how to accept those who sinned  against Him and God… in fact He sacrificed His life so that all of us can be reconciled to our God.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...